The inaugural Ghana Awards SA is set to be a spectacular red carpet banquet attended by a target audience of business leaders, influential political figures and movers and shakers from the Ghanaian and South African Community. The night will be hosted by renowned television actress Abena Ayivor and distinguished MC James Harvey.
The ceremony will recognise and reward Ghanaians based in South Africa who exhibit excellence in all areas of life from business to sport, entertainment to public service, the arts to charitable works.
Ghana Awards SA has the following aims and objectives:
· Celebrate the achievement of Ghanaians in a highly anticipated first class, red carpet event banquet, with entertainment, dance and music.
· Encourage and stimulate innovation and ground-breaking work that benefits both Ghana and South Africa
· Reward Ghanaians based in South Africa for continuing to uplift the flag of their country in their various fields.
Limited tickets are available at R450 per ticket on the Ghana Awards SA website, www.ghanaawardssa.co.za. Ticket holders will enjoy a three course meal of some of Ghana's finest cuisines and live entertainment from the likes of poet, Celeste Adekoya, and musician Philip Wangyimbo, popularly known as 1_GYMZ to mention a few.
Various strategic businesses have already partnered with Ghana Awards SA such as Ayawas Technology, Sankofa Insurance Brokers and P&H boutique.
How does it work?
The public nominates outstanding candidates in pre-selected categories. A panel of experts compiles a shortlist of recommendations for the final selection. The public votes for a winner through various platforms that will be made available. The winners will be announced at the Ghana Awards SA ceremony. There will also be various recognitions and lifetime achievement honours at the banquet.
What to expect
Soon after doors are open at 18:00, guests will be led to the registration desks where their tickets will be exchanged for security wrist bands.
· Guests will be shown the cloak rooms where they will be able to leave coats and other baggage they might have been carrying.
· Guests will then invited into the reception area for the official reception.
· Guests will also have an opportunity to take photographs at the red carpet area set up.
· When the banquet room is open, you will be invited to take your.
· A three course Ghanaian cuisine meal will be served.
· Light entertainment will be provided as background as guests enjoy their meal.
· The Ghana Awards Ceremony will commence till midnight – with more entertainment in between.
· Guests will be invited to attend the after party once official proceedings have been concluded.
All the award categories provide sponsors with exceptional brand exposure. The event will be a glamorous, quality-first occasion for which only the best is good enough.
Naturally, sponsors' brands will benefit by association. In addition, they will enjoy a direct route to key decision-makers within the community on the evening itself, as well as pre- and post-event, through extensive advertising, marketing and public relations activities.